Lockheed LC-130R Hercules Antarctic Explorer


I have flown in a Philippine Air Force C-130 Hercules about twice when I was in college, when I am going back to Manila during the holiday break. It wasn't a pleasant ride (no seats, no seatbelts, and I sat on a wooden box that I was told later, was a coffin of a soldier). Experiences notwithstanding, I liked this plane and I did not hesitate to get this particular model when I saw it. 

This variant is the USAF Antarctic Explorer, which has skis installed instead of wheels. This is used for missions to the Arctic and Antarctic bases.


Model: Lockheed LC-130R Hercules Antarctic Explorer
Livery: USAF
Manufacturer: Dragon Wings Warbirds Series
Scale: 1:400
Length: 2.93"
Wingspan: 3.98" 
Provenance: Lil's Hobby Shop Megamall
Price: PhP 798
Note: the (painted) front windows are missing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Featured Store: Toy Studio - MBK Mall, Bangkok

Airbus Kinder Surprise A330-300

Etihad Airbus A330-300 Visit Abu Dhabi Livery